If you've moved to a new computer or server, you will need to reinstall the Commerce Sync application from the Commerce Sync dashboard.
Prior to installing on the new computer or server, make sure the Commerce Sync for desktop application is uninstalled from the previous computer or server, as it cannot be connected to more than one machine at a time.
You'll need to install the app on your new machine. You'll be following similar steps to when you first installed. Refer to the Commerce Sync Install Guide, select the on specific to your connections. You'll skip the first few steps since you've already installed in your point of sale.
- Open the Commerce Sync dashboard from your point of sale (view the app in the market, then select Visit or Launch).
- Click Manage
- Then click Disconnect (you will be prompted if you'd like to continue, select yes/OK)
- Select the download option for QuickBooks Desktop
- Follow the remaining steps referring to the install guide above
- At the end when you get to the Visit Your Dashboard button, wait until the app finishing syncing and then do review your settings.
If any sales were pending transfer, they may go into an error status upon reactivation. Please follow the two steps in this article to fix, retry and sync the sales.
If you run into any errors/issues during the reactivation process, please open a ticket with our support team.