If you are using the "Sales By Category" feature, you may find Uncategorized Sales has shown up as a new Item and Income Account in QuickBooks or Xero.
Any item in your Point of Sale (POS) that is considered un-categorized will be mapped to an account called Uncategorized Sales. A item from your Point of Sale is considered uncategorized if it:
- Has more than one Category or Label
- Does not have a Category or Label
There are TWO steps to fix this in your Accounting Solution and in your POS:
STEP ONE: Update the sales category in your Accounting Solution
- In QuickBooks or Xero, open the Invoice Commerce Sync created
- For each uncategorized item, note what the Rate/Amount is and what Item from your Point of Sale is.
- Click on the Item that is "Uncategorized Sales" and select the correct Category from your item list.
- Occasionally QuickBooks will clear out the Rate/Amount. If you did not note the amount, close the editing of the Invoice and start over again.
- Save the changes to the Invoice
(click to enlarge)
STEP TWO: Update the item in your Point of Sale
- Log into your Point of Sale
- Open your Inventory app or center
- Locate the item that was Uncategorized and
- Assign the appropriate category or label to it. Or remove the extra Categories so there is only one.
- Save your changes.