Transfer errors occur when Commerce Sync tries to transfer sales information into your QuickBooks or Xero account, but something isn't matching up.
Are your sales not syncing? How to see and fix transfer errors:
- Go to the Commerce Sync Dashboard from your Point of Sale account on a computer, not the POS device.
- If there are transfer errors, you'll see an orange X like the image below:
Fixing and retrying your transfers:
- Click the orange Fix button.
- QuickBooks Online: Commerce Sync will attempt to tell you what the error issue so you can resolve it in QuickBooks. If you see an issue, please resolve that in QuickBooks Online. Then click Retry All. (If you have uncategorized errors, just click Retry All to attempt to fix them)
- QuickBooks Desktop: After you click on the Fix button, it will guide you through your settings, making sure the settings are correctly selected for your preferences. You should not see "Choose one..." in any of the drop-down boxes shown. If you see Choose one, please select the desired item or account. Click the Save and Retry button at the bottom right of the screen. Once this is complete, your sales will be in the queue and you can hit the sync now button on the Commerce Sync Desktop app.
- Xero: Click the Fix button and it will guide you through your settings, making sure that all of the settings are correctly selected. You should not see "Choose one..." in any of the drop-down boxes shown, if you do, please select the desired item or account. Click Save and Retry at the bottom of the screen to attempt to clear the transfer error.
- If you have QuickBooks Desktop, sometimes QuickBooks gets stalled with the syncing processes, which will cause issues with Commerce Sync transfers. Reboot your computer, leave QuickBooks shut down, and then Manually Sync Commerce Sync for Desktop after you click on the Fix button followed by the Save and Retry button.
If the issue is resolved, your sales activity will transfer through and you will no longer have any errors in your dashboard. You will see a green checkmark under the transfers box.
Common Reasons for Errors:
- The most common reason for a transfer error is a communication problem with QuickBooks or Xero. Commerce Sync tried to transfer the sales activity, but there wasn't a response on the other side. If this is the case, the Fix and Retry steps above will transfer the sales activity right away.
- If your QuickBooks Online or Xero account is expired, please open your accounting solution and review your account settings to see if your account is active and current with billing.
- You have taxes disabled in your Accounting Solution, but you have them turned on in Commerce Sync. Review the help article on how to Enable taxes in QB to fix this issue.
- The tax rate name in your point of sale is different than the tax rate name in QuickBooks or Xero. Rename the tax rate in your accounting solution to resolve this.
- You have multiple tax rates and are transferring to QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Online does not support multiple tax rates. Review this article on Multiple Tax Rates for options.
- With QuickBooks Desktop, you have deposits in error and you are trying to go through the above steps to sync. If you have the QuickBooks "Payments to Deposit" window open, close this so our app can create the deposit.
- You've deleted Accounts or Items in your Accounting Solution. Your Commerce Sync setup possibly no longer contains the default Account, Items, Customer, etc. that we created upon activation. Please recreate these accounts and items or select a different item/account combination in your Settings on the Commerce Sync dashboard.
If you are not able to resolve these errors yourself (thanks for the effort!) please reach out to the Support Team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are other less common issues that we can help you work through.
Updated 4/29/2021s, help, download, invoices, unpaid, square, taxes, sync