If you need to manually sync sales information that is showing as "pending syncronization" on the Commerce Sync dashboard (not the red X for an error), here are the steps:
- Open your company file in QuickBooks.
- Click on the Commerce Sync for Desktop icon on your Computers Desktop or System Tray (bottom right ^ arrow near the Time/Date).
- Click "Sync Now", or "Sync All".
The green arrows will spin, indicating that the sync is taking place. Once the sync is complete, check to see if the sales information transferred or if your Commerce Sync settings have updated.
Common reasons why Commerce Sync for Desktop may not sync automatically:
- The computer that has Commerce Sync installed on it hasn't been turned on recently. Commerce Sync will not sync if your computer is turned off.
- The company file location has changed (if you hit F2 in QuickBooks, and the file location displayed doesn't match the location displayed on the Commerce Sync application window, you will need to disconnect/reconnect. Right-click the ID next to Square/Clover and select Disconnect, which will then start the activation process once more)
- There is a different company file open in QuickBooks. The app will sync when 1) the correct company file Commerce Sync is transferring to is open, 2) if there are no company files open or 3) there are no company files open and QuickBooks is turned off.
- There are multiple company files open at one time in QuickBooks. If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks and multiple company files open within these versions, Commerce Sync will not sync.