When "Transfer Tips" has been enabled, Commerce Sync maps to a Liability account.
The Commerce Sync default is to transfer your tips into a liability account called "Clover Tips," or "Square Tips."
You may change this setting at any time. In your Commerce Sync Dashboard, click View in the Settings box on the webpage, scroll down to the Tips section and click the drop-down menu to select an account and item to use for the transfer. You can even select the same account that your sales totals are transferred into if you prefer not to track your tips in a separate account.
* Please note that in QuickBooks, accounts are referenced by items when we transfer your sales information. The default tip item "Clover Tip" is associated with the default tip account "Clover Tips". If you associate your tips to a different account, please make sure you create a new tip item for that account.
Note: Although tips information is transferred to a liability account, tips payment information is transferred along with (or, included in) your payments information transfer, and is therefore transferred to the accounts in your books that your clearing accounts are set to (the default for all tender types is Undeposited Funds).
If your POS account processes tips you must ensure that you have the "Transfer Tips" setting enabled.
To enable "Transfer Tips":
- Arrive at your Commerce Sync Dashboard - click here,
- Click View in the Settings box on the webpage,
- Scroll down to the Tips section,
- Click in the box next to "Transfer Tips,"
- Click the drop-down menu to select an account and item to use for the transfer.
If you do not have this setting enabled, and your POS account processes a tip, your transfer for that entire day of sales information will fail with a transfer error.