To Enable Sales Tax within QuickBooks Online:
- In the left-hand navigation, select Taxes. The Sales Tax Center appears.
- If you have no sales tax rates set up, click the Set Up Sales Tax button or the Edit sales tax settings link to the right.
- QuickBooks will guide you through setting up a new sales tax rate, if you haven't set one up previously. Make sure that the tax rate you are creating matches the name and rate of the tax that you are using in your point of sale system.
If you need to make changes to your tax rate, after it is set, you would need to contact QuickBooks support 1-800-446-8848.
Enable Sales Tax in the Commerce Sync Settings
After you have made these changes in QuickBooks, you'll need to turn on the Transfer Sales Tax feature in your Commerce Sync account:
- Open the Commerce Sync Dashboard
- Select View for the Settings (center option)
- Check the Transfer Sales Tax checkbox
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
This will provide the tax information for your transfers moving forward from that activation date. The tax rate from your point of sale will be mapped to that matching sales tax rate in QuickBooks Online.