Helpful items to check before installing:
- We recommend that you reboot (turn off and then back on) the computer that you are installing on, prior to installing.
- You'll need to be logged into the computer that has QuickBooks and can access the company file, for the installation.
- The preferred browsers we'd like you to install with are Chrome or Firefox.
- The QuickBooks company file you wish to sync transfers to needs to be open during installation.
- You need to be signed in as the Admin and in single user mode in QuickBooks for the install to work properly.
- Occasionally an anti-virus and/or malware systems block the installation of our app. Disabling these only for the duration of the installation can help.
- We often see that if you right-click to "Run as Administrator" both QuickBooks and the Commerce Sync app, you'll see fewer issues during installation.
Installing Commerce Sync:
- Sign-in to your GoDaddy account
- Launch Commerce Sync from the app market, or go to the following URL: GoDaddy for QuickBooks Desktop
- On the Permissions Screen, click Allow at the bottom
- From the Commerce Sync Dashboard, download and run the Commerce Sync installer
- Once the installer has finished downloading, open it and click Run
- After you select Run, you should see the Commerce Sync for Desktop Screen open
- Select the "Sign in to Commerce Sync" option, which will open your browser with a window to magic link you back to the desktop application. Selecting "Open desktop app" will port your login information over to the application to continue the activation flow:
- If you see the window pop up asking for you "Open Ipc.Sync.DesktopDirect?" select that option to proceed back to the desktop application window
- Double check that you have QuickBooks open and the correct company file and click Continue
- In QuickBooks, you'll see a pop-up, check the box next to "Yes, always allow" then select “Continue.” Sometimes this screen is hidden behind other QuickBooks windows, if you don't see this screen minimize your other QuickBooks windows to find it. Note that when you are installing another location, this step is skipped.
- Select "Done" on the second pop-up.
- You'll see the Installation Complete screen and then click the View Dashboard button.
- At this time, we recommend opening the Commerce Sync for Desktop app up immediately and waiting for the sync to complete. The green arrows will stop spinning and the next sync time stamp will be showing.
- Once the sync is complete, open the browser on that dashboard page and review your settings. We've created default named "GoDaddy" items/accounts to use, but you may select any preferred accounts you already use in QuickBooks. Please sure to select the appropriate item for any settings changes, as we map to the item level first when its accompanied by an account.
YOU'RE ALL SET! YOU'LL SEE YOUR FIRST SYNC TOMORROW!
Going forward, each day Commerce Sync will transfer all of your sales information for the previous day to QuickBooks Desktop. This transfer will occur after midnight to ensure that all orders for the day are closed. Find out more information on transferring sales that you had prior to installing here.
Commerce Sync is now installed in your GoDaddy account and on your computer. To open the Commerce Sync app installed on your computer, open the shortcut from your desktop or Start menu. It can also be found in the system tray running in the background: