These are the steps to install multiple locations within the same Point of Sale (Square, Clover, etc.) If you are installing another location from a different Point of Sale, follow the installation steps in our Getting Started Section for that Point of Sale.
- On the computer where you have QuickBooks installed, open the company file that you want Commerce Sync to transfer into.
- Open the Commerce Sync for Desktop app.
- Click on the plus sign to add another location.
- You will log into your Point of Sale account again, select the correct location/store and select the Commerce Sync app on your Home Page at this point.
- Clover steps:
- Square Steps:
- Stripe Steps:
- Open the Commerce Sync dashboard for your Stripe account
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop download option
- Once the new Exe file is installed, double click the Exe icon to open the app (this may flash, but it won't display the install window or steps
- Click the + (add location) option on the Commerce Sync for Desktop application that you already have running (Step 3 above)
The Commerce Sync for Desktop app will take some time to connect and get familiar with your QuickBooks company file. You'll know everything is ready with the green arrows stop spinning for this location. Open or refresh the Commerce Sync app from your Point of Sale and double check your settings.
Commerce Sync will now start transferring for this new location. If you'd like previous sales information transferred for this locations, take a look at our Historical Transfer Request Form.
multistore, multi store